Terms & Conditions
Use of this site is provided by Embargoed! subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- the 'Site' means the website located at www.embargoed.org;
- 'we', 'us' and 'Embargoed!' mean Embargoed! Limited, a private company limited by guarantee.
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the Site.
- Embargoed! reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party.
- This Site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Embargoed! are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Embargoed! be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Embargoed! does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Embargoed!. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Embargoed! to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Embargoed!). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Embargoed! takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Embargoed! has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Embargoed! approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
- The following terms of purchase apply to Online Joining of New and Existing Members:
- Our contract: if you place an order online to become a member of Embargoed!, we will send you an email confirming receipt of this. Your order represents an offer to us to become a member of our group, which is accepted by us when we receive and process your application form and membership payment.
- Description of the Goods ("Membership"): we will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices relating to Embargoed! membership appearing on the Site are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We reserve the right to refuse orders where such information has been mis-published.
- Delivery: in order to keep costs down, there will be no physical delivery of items relating to membership of Embargoed!. Instead, once an online application for membership is received and processed, we will issue an electronic message with your member number and details.
- Cancellation and Refunds: membership of Embargoed! is for one year from the date your application is processed. There is no refund should you wish to cancel your membership before the end of this term.
- Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions: we reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions of Purchase at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions of Purchase in force at the time that you use the Site or that you place an order from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: we will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- Payments in error:
- Embargoed! operates a refund and cancellation policy in the event that the payment has been submitted in error.
- The payment will be processed immediately in Sterling.
- If you have any queries or concerns about the transaction you have submitted, please contact our Supporter Relations team on +44 (0)78069 32966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This payment is processed by PayPal and authorised by PayPal Merchant Services in the United Kingdom. Once processed, the payment will be paid directly into our bank account.
- Embargoed! Limited is a private not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales with registration no. 05433072, whose registered office is at HV Akin & Co, 147 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4PU.
Last Updated: 03 September 2010
Please print a copy of these terms and conditions for your future reference.