Your online privacy and security is very important to Embargoed!
- the 'Site' means the website located at www.embargoed.org;
- 'we', 'us' and 'Embargoed!' mean Embargoed! Limited, a private company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales with registration no. 05433072, whose registered office is at HV Akin & Co, 147 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4PU.
- The Site provides various services which include, but are not limited to, providing information on and encouraging participation in Embargoed!'s various campaigns to end the international isolation of Turkish Cypriots and their homeland of North Cyprus;
- The Site is UK-based and we take care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act') relating to any personal information you supply to us;
3. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you have registered on our Site, the information we gather ('Information') may include your name and address, your credit or debit card number and expiry date, and email address which you submit to us and/or our service providers (such as merchant bank).
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may use the Information you submit to the Site to notify you by email about important developments to do with our campaign, or with functionality changes and alterations to the Site. We will only do this if you have indicated that you wish to receive such communications from us;
- We may offer you the opportunity to sign up to a mailing list and/or newsletter, to participate in a survey or a competition which we provide. If you sign up for any of these and subsequently change your mind, you may opt out by notifying us at our Supporter Relations Team email address given above.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
- Except as set out below, we will not sell, distribute or disclose your Information without your consent, unless we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- If you have subscribed to be on our mailing list or to become a member of the group, we will not sell or rent this Information to anyone.
6. TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
- The Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA for our own administration purposes or for the purpose of any international campaign run by Embargoed! and an organisation located outside of the EEA. Such organisations may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your personal details as a subscriber to the campaign in question and the processing of your payment details, if you make a donation to the campaign;
- If Embargoed! and/or its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its members may be one of the transferred assets.
7. YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
- If you use the secure financial pages on our Site to join Embargoed! or to donate money, you are going through the website of our reputable financial partner PayPal, which handles all transactions on our behalf. The information you provide as part of any online financial transaction (such as your credit card number and contact information) is collected only so that this transaction can take place.
- We are using the best security technology available to collect and transmit personal financial data. We have a valid secure socket layer certificate running on all the financial payment pages linking through to PayPal.
8. 'TELL A FRIEND'
We run a 'Tell a Friend' service online and at times we may be more pro-active and ask for your support on this initiative. This referral service is designed to make it easy for you to recommend the campaign, Site or Embargoed! offers to a friend. You can either use the online form to send a message and link directly to your friend or we may email you asking for contacts. This two-step process asks you to send us your friend's name and email address, after which we contact the friend, telling them who we are, inviting them to join our campaign, support a particular action or simply to visit our Site. When we contact your friend, we always advice them of the name and email address of the friend who made the original referral. We will not use your friend's details for any other purpose.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES' SITES
- We may provide links to other websites. This does not mean we endorse these websites or organisations, but simply believe they provide additional information useful for visitors to our Site. We are not responsible for their content, nor can we verify the accuracy of the information they provide.
- A cookie is an electronic file that stores information about a website you have visited. It remembers who you are and details about your visit. The cookie file is transferred to the browser on your computer's hard disk and can then be used to help re-direct you to that site or is displayed on a given website in a way that matches your interests. A web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, that is in the web page code when you visit certain parts of the Site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, but if you do so parts of the Site may not work correctly.
- When you submit your Information to us, we take steps to ensure that your Information is treated securely. Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee the total security of any data transmitted over the Internet. While we strive to protect your Information, Embargoed! cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you therefore do this at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to ensure its security on our systems, but we take no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- Please remember that other methods of Internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted.
Last Updated: 03 September 2010